Geometry can be a fun Math subject if you can understand the basic vocabulary.
In the video above I illustrate several key vocabulary words that will help with your understanding of circles.
- Center The point of a circle in which all points of the circle are the same distance away.
- Radius The length from the middle of the circle to any point on the circle
- Diameter The Distance across the circle
- Circumference The Length around the circle
- Area The amount of space in the circle
- Tangent A line that intersects the circle at one particular point
- Secant A line that intersects a circle at two points
- Arc The length around a portion of the circumference
- Minor arc an arc with a measure less than 180 degrees
- Key arc an arc with a distance higher than 180 degrees
- Semi-circle an arc measuring exactly 180 degrees
- Central Angle angle with a vertex in the middle of the circle and the endpoints lie on the circle
- The central angle equals the arc measure
- Inscribed angle an angle in which the vertex lies on the circle and the end point is on the circle
- Inscribed angle equals half the intercepted arc
Geometry Teachers Never Spend Time Trying to Find Materials for Your Lessons Again!
Join Our Geometry Teacher Community Today!