1 ) Rattlesnakes are large, venomous snakes that are found in parts of the United States.
2. The greatest concentration regarding rattlesnakes is in the Southwestern USA and inside Northern Mexico.
3. By far the most special feature this species have is the rattle.
4. Arizona houses the largest variety of these snakes.
5. Whenever a rattlesnake sheds its skin it adds another part to the rattle.
6. Rattlesnakes are cold-blooded.
7. Rattlesnakes belong to the phylum Chordata.
8. Rattlesnakes hiss, which is another method of scaring predators.
9. Rattlesnakes are reptiles.
10. A rattlesnake has one lung.
11. Rattlesnakes are deaf.
12. Rattlesnakes can be between one to seven feet.
13. Most rattlesnake scales form patterns with diamonds, and hexagons.
14. Another distinctive physical characteristics is that they create venom.
15. A rattlesnake has heat-sensing pits on its triangular head.
16. Rattlesnakes have hinged fangs.
17. Female rattlesnakes give live births.
18. They have a triangular shaped head.
19. Young rattlesnakes do not have rattles.
20. Rattlers are found in grasslands, scrub brush, and rocky locations.
21. They are also found at swamplands in the Southeastern USA.
22. Rattlesnakes spend time in dens.
23. Rattlesnakes use the same dens every single year.
24. Rattlesnake moms do not raise their offspring.
25. Rattlesnake babies develop inside the female snake
26. Rattlesnakes have live births.
27. Ratters mate in the springtime and summer season.
28. They give birth every two years to about 12 baby rattlers.
29. It takes two days to digest its meal.
30. Rattlesnakes love to eat small rodents and lizards.
32. Rattlesnakes put off eating the prey until it will be dead, then swallow that.
33. Rattlesnakes get very sluggish while digesting.
34. Adult rattlers eat about every just fourteen days.
35. Rattlesnake attacks can be dangerous, but most likely not fatal to humans.
36. Fatalities coming from rattlesnake bites are unusual if treated regularly.
37. Rattlesnakes have a long flexible backbone.
38. Rattlesnakes have belong in the phylum Chordata, which means it has a backbone.
39. There twenty-nine types of rattlesnakes.
40. The Eastern diamondback is the largest type of rattlesnake.
Just for Fun