Parts of a radical
- The radical sign is a symbol that means "root of".
- The radical symbol looks like a check mark.
- The numbers or variables found under the radical is the radicand The number tucked in the radical symbol is the index.
- The index indicates what root you are taking.
- An index of 3 indicates a cube root, an index of 4 indicates a fourth root index of 5 indicates a fifth root
- A square root usually does not have an index written.
About MooMooMath: We provide helpful Math and Geometry videos to help you solve Math problems, or review old Math concepts you may need to refresh. If you’re a Math student or teacher, we'd love to have you subscribe and join us! We upload a new video every day
Follow moomoomath's board Math Resources and helpful information on Pinterest.