Top Ten Properties of a Rhombus
1. A rhombus falls in the quadrilateral family so it has four sides.
2. A rhombus is also a parallelogram and has the properties of a parallelogram
3. A rhombus has congruent opposite sides that are parallel
4. All four sides of a rhombus are congruent
5. Opposite angles in a rhombus are congruent.
6. The diagonals of a rhombus are perpendicular.
7. The diagonals cross and make four right angles.
8. The perimeter of a rhombus equals 4 x one side
9. The area of a rhombus equals ½(Diagonal 1* Diagonal 2) or Base * Height (not the length of the side but the altitude)
10. The diagonals create four congruent triangles that reflect upon each other